THE TERRIFYING MAGICIAN :
The grand Mentor of the Line Hazrat-e-Sayed-e-na Khwaja Gharib Nawaz (the sustainer of the poor) Hasan Sanjari on the visit to Madeenah Munawwara received the honor of being called Moinuddin (helper of faith) from the King of Madeenah, the Leader of the Prophets, the Enlightened Prophet and was ordered to go to Ajmer for the sake of preaching the religion. Hence, Sayyed-e-na Sultan-ul-Hind (king of India) Khwaja Gharib Nawaz came to Ajmer Sharif. Due to his preaching large number of people started embracing Islam in large number. The Hindu ruler over there, Prithvi Raj, started getting very much irritated by this. Hence, he prepared his most dangerous and Terrifying Magician Ajay Pal jogi to battle with Khwaja Gharib Nawaz Ajay pal jogi, along with his disciples went to Khwaja Sahib. After seeing the agitation of the Muslims Huzoor Gharib Nawaz formed a fort (hisar) around the Muslims and ordered that no Muslim should go out of this fort. On the other hand, the magicians started pouring water, fire and pelting stones with their magic power, but all these attacks were of no use once they reached the fort. Now, with the help of magic, they made thousands of snakes come down from the mountain and go towards Khwaja Sahib and the Muslims, but as soon as they reached the fort they died. When the disciples failed, their teacher, the terrifying magician ajay pal jogi, started showing different tricks due to magic. But on reaching close to the fort everything used to vanish. After he failed to do anything he got very angry and he tossed his Dear-skin in the air and sat on it and flew very high in the air. The Muslims got confused that who knows what sort of trouble will he create from up there. Gharib Nawaz smiled on this action of his. He signaled His blessed shoes. On receiving the signal they also flew very fast, chasing the Magician. And in no time they reached up and started beating on his head. He started descending as He received those hits. He came down ashamed and fell down at the feet of King Gharib Nawaz and then repented from the Hindu philosophy and became Muslim. He received the Islamic name Abdullah from Him, and he received great attention from Khwaja Sahib and attained a grand rank in the sainthood ship, and became famous by the name of Abdullah Biyabani.
THE CAMELS REMAINED SITTING
When Sayyed-e-na Khwaja Gharib Nawaz came to Ajmer Sharif foremost He sat under a peepul tree. This place was reserved for the camels of the Hindu raja, Prithvi Raj, of that place. The servants of the raja came and started being rough on him and rudely said that your people are resting on the place ment for the camels of the raja. Khwaja Sahib said, "fine we people will go, may your camels remain seated here." Hence the camels were made to sit over there. In the morning the camel-driver came and tried to make the camels stand up, but even after trying everything the camels did not stand up. They got scared and went to the grand presence of Hazrat Sayyed-e-na Khwaja Sahib and shamefully begged for forgiveness, for the rudeness. The uncrowned King of India Sayyed-e-na Khwaja Gharib Nawaz said, "Go by the order of Allah your camels have stood up." When they returned all the camels were infact standing up.
Khwaja-e-Hind your saintly court is so grand. Never did anyone return with any unfulfilled need from there.
FREEDOM FROM THE PUNISHMENT OF GRAVE
Hazrat Sayyed-e-na Khwaja Gharib Nawaz went to attend the funeral of one of his disciples. After performing the funeral prayers He lowered him into the grave with His hands. Hazrat Sayyed-e-na Bakhtiyaar Kaaki says that after the burial almost everyone left, but Huzoor Khwaja Gharib Nawaz remained sitting at his grave. Suddenly, He became sad. After sometime He said (all praise be to Allah) and became satisfied. On my request He said that the angels of punishment came to my disciple on which I became worried. Meanwhile, my mentor Hazrat Sayyed-e-na Khwaja Usman Harooni came and recommended for him in from of the angels, 'O, angels! This person is a disciple of my disciple, Moinuddin leave him. The angels said that he was a very big sinner. This conversation was going on that a voice was heard saying,
"O angels we have pardoned this disciple of Moinuddin Chisty for the sake of Usman for Harooni.":Dear Islamic Brothers! From this incident a lesson is learnt that we should become a disciple of some perfect mentor, since because of him the punishment of the grave can be refrained.
THE LEFTOVER OF A MAJZOOB (ONE LOST IN DIVINE MEDITATION)
An incident of the childhood of Hazrat Sayyed-e-na Khwaja Gharib Nawaz is that once He was watering His garden when the famous majzoob of that period Hazrate Sayyed-e-na Ibrahim Qandouzi entered the garden. The moment He saw that pious person, He immediately left all the work and ran and greeted Him with salaam, kissed His hands and made Him sit under the shadows of a tree, with respect and then presented a bunch of grapes to Him with great submissiveness. The friend of Allah was flattered by the way of the young gardener. He happily, took out a piece of Khali (oilcake) from his pouch and had a bite from it and then put into Khwaja Sahib's mouth. As soon as the piece of Khali went down the throughout, the feelings of Khwaja Sahib's heart changed and the heart became disgusted towards the world. He sold everything which he owned, including a garden which he inherited, and a windmill, at a very minimal cost and spent all the money and other possessions in the path leading to Allah. And took permission from his mother and left the house, at the age of fifteen years for the path leading to Allah in order to earn religious education. Allah bestowed a lot of blessings on Him and He became a leader of Saints and the uncrowned King of India.The ones who spend the night sleeping negli-gently are awakened by. The years and years of sleepless nights of Yours.
THE NEWS OF THE UNSEEN
One day Hazrate Sayyed-ena Hazrat-e-Sayyed-e-na Sheikh Auhad-ud-Deen Kirmani and Hazrate Sayyed-e-na Sheikh Shahab-ud-Din Soharwardi were sitting in one place, a boy (Sultan Shams-ud-Din Altamsh) passed from there, carrying a bow and arrow. On seeing him Huzoor Gharib Nawaz said that, this child will become the king of Delhi, and ultimately this was what happened, after a short period of time he became the King of Delhi.
The word which came out of Your mouth finally did occur. When said during daylight that it is night, night indeed did it became.
Dear Islamic Brothers! It is possible that Satan might put the deceiving thought in someone's heart that the knowledge of the unseen is with Allah only, how did Khwaja Gharib Nawaz give the news of the unseen? The entreaty to this is that no doubt Allah is the one who has the knowledge of the unseen and the seen. His knowledge of the unseen is His own and has been there since always, whereas the knowledge of the unseen which the Prophets and the Saints have is given to them and was not always with them. They have it from the time Allah gave them and have as much as they were given. They do not have even the minimum without Him telling them. It is possible that someone might get this deceiving thought that when Allah revealed it then the secret did not remain secret. The answer to this is mentioned ahead that the Quran has stated the knowledge of the unseen of the Prophets is the knowledge of the unseen. Now the knowledge of how much was given or revealed is with the Giver and the receiver. It stated about the knowledge of the unseen of Divinely chosen of all the Prophets and the Apostles: And he is not niggardly as to the disclosing of unseen. On the basis of this Quranic verse it states in Khazin, 'It means that the King of Madeenah receives the knowledge of the unseen so He does not hide it from you but infact teaches you." It is learnt from this verse and its commentary that Allah's Beloved, the one knowing hidden things teaches people the knowledge of the unseen and it is obvious that the one who knows it, is the one who teaches it. It states about the knowledge of the unseen of Is a that: And tell to you whatever you eat and what you store in your houses. No Doubt, in these things there is a great sign for you if you believe.
Dear Islamic Brothers! In the above verse Sayyed-ena Isa very clearly announces that what ever you eat is revealed to me and whatever you save and keep at home is also revealed. If this is not the knowledge of unseen then what is this? When greatness of Hazrate Sayyed-e-na Isa is so grand then what about the greatness of the master of Is a, the wonderful Mustafa?
What is it that must have been left hidden from him? He has with his eyes seen Allah who is the unseen of unseen.What other hidden secret could remain hide from you When Allah did not hide His ownself from you billions of durood on you.
Anyway Allah has given the knowledge of the unseen to the Prophets and surely to renounce that the Prophets have this knowledge means the refusal to accept the above Quranic verses. The greatness of the Prophets is very grand, and due to the bounty of the Prophets even the Saints can give the news of the unseen. Hence Shaikh Abdul Haq muhaddis Dehlavi has quoted Huzoor Ghouse-ul-Azam in AL-AKHBAAR-UL-AKHYAAR: Had the shariah no prohibited me to speak I would have told you what you eat at home and was kept there, I know the inside and outside of yours, because you are like a glass in front of me. Hazrat-e-Maulana Roomi says in MASNAWI SHARIF:
The divine tablet is in front of the eyes of the Saints. Which is free from any error.
Once the ruler of Ajmer Sharif hanged an innocent person and sent a message to his mother to come and collect the body of her son. But his mother instead of going there went weeping to the Noble Shelter of the helpless, Sarkar Gharib Nawaz Hasan Sanjari and requested, "Ah! My support has been snatched away, my house has been ruined, Ya Gharib Nawaz I had only one son who has been hanged by the cruel ruler for no guilt." After hearing this, He became wrathful and stood up and said, take me to your son's body, hence He along with her came to the dead body and pointed towards it and said, "O dead person! If the ruler of the time has hanged you unjustly then by the order of Allah stand up. "Immediately there was some movement in the body and dead person became alive and stood up".
Dear Islamic Brothers! Let us hope that Satan does not give the evil suggestion that to give life and death is only the work of Allah, how can any person do this? Then, the answer to this is that no doubt Allah is the only one who can do this but He can by His omnipotence give whatever rights to whom ever He wants. Look giving life to the non-living is the work of Allah but by the rights given by Allah Hazrate Sayyed-e-na Isa can also do this. Hence it states in the Holy Quran:That I make a form out of clay like a bird for you than blow my breath in it and it Becomes a bird at once by the command of Allah.
THE BLIND ACQUIRED VISION
It is narrated that once Aurangzeb Alamgir went to the glorious Shrine of the King of India Khwaja Gharib Nawaz. Within the boundary a blind beggar was crying out, Ya Khwaja Gharib Nawaz! Restore my sight. He asked this beggar, Baba! How long has it been since asking for the vision? He said that it has been ages but my wish is unfulfilled. He said that I shall return in a short time after paying a visit to the Holy Shrine, if your eyes gain vision very well, otherwise I will have you killed. After saying this the King called for the guards to keep an eye on the beggar, and King went inside to pay his respect. On the other hand, the beggar started lamenting and kept requesting while weeping, "Ya Khwaja! First the deal was of eyes only but now it involves life, if you do not show mercy I will be killed." When the King returned after paying his respect, His eyes had acquired the vision. The King smiled and said that until now you were asking without devoting heart and concentration, and now because of fear of life you asked from your heart, hence your was fulfilled.Khwaja now look towards the sinner with a vision full of cure. The disease of committing sins has overpowered this sinful being.
A BENEFICIAL LESSON
Dear Islamic Brothers! A question might arise in someone's mind that we should only seek from Allah and He is the one who gives. How can it be that someone asks for eyes from Khwaja Sahib and He gives it? The answer is that as a matter of fact Allah is the one who gives. If someone from the creatures gives anything, he actually takes it from Allah and then gives it. No one can give, even a small portion, without the bestowal of Allah every thing can happen. If someone asks Khwaja Sahib for vision and if He gives it by the grace of Allah, the, after all what is there which is unexplainable? This problem has been solved today by the medical field! Everyone knows that today by operation the doctors put the eves of the dead in a blind person and give him vision. Similarly, Khwaja Gharib Nawaz cured the blindness of a blind person by spiritual power bestowed upon Him by Allah.Anyway, if someone has this belief that Allah has not bestowed any powers to any Prophet or Saint to cure someone, at all than such a person is falsifying the order of the Quran:And I heal the born blind and the leper and I make the dead alive by the command of Allah.Did you see? Hazrate Sayyed-e-na Isa is openly announcing that by the grace of Allah I can give sight to those who are born blind and can cure those suffering from leprosy. In fact, I can even make the dead one alive.By the grace of Allah the Prophets are bestowed with different kind of powers and by the beneficence of the Prophets the Saints are also bestowed with marvels, therefore they can also cure a lot of things.The Enliver of faith is Ghous (Shaikh A bdul Qadir Jilani and Khwaja is the Helper of faith. 'O, Hasan! Why should not your faith remain safe-guarded.
SOME OTHER MIRACLES
1. Says Hazart Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki (R.A), " I never saw Hazart Khwaja Gharib Nawaz (R.A) angry with anyone as long as I remained with him. One day, Hazart Khwaja Gharib Nawaz (R.A) accompanied me and a servant Shaikh Ali were going out. Suddenly a man caught hold Shaikh Ali of his clothes and started abusing him. Hazart Khwaja Gharib Nawaz (R.A) asked the reason of the dispute. He said " Shaikh Ali is debtor and is not repaying the amount given to him." Khwaja Sahib (R.A) said, "Leave him. He will repay your debt." But the man again insisted. So Khwaja Sahib (R.A) got angry and he spread his shawl on the ground and asked to take from the shawl amount equal to the debt and warned not to take more than debt. The man picked up the money certainly more than the debt and soon his hand dried up. So he started crying and asked for mercy. Khwaja Sahib (R.A) pardoned him and his hand recovered. The man immediately became the disciple of Khwaja Sahib (R.A).
2. It said that once Khwaja Sahib (R.A) was passing through a Jungle, some atheist dacoits came in his way. They used to snatch belonging of travelers and if the traveler was a Muslim they used to kill him as well. When these decoits faced Khwaja Sahib (R.A), there happened a miracle, The band of decoits who had been engaged in looting and killing the people, started trembling with fear, and fell on the feet of Khwaja Sahib (R.A) and said, "we are your slaves. Be kind to us" when they repented Khwaja Sahib (R.A) made them recite Kalima and thus they accepted Islam. Khwaja Sahib (R.A) forbade them for looting and murdering in the name of the Almighty.
3. One day, a weeping old woman came to him and said, "Huzoor, the ruler had killed my innocent son. For God sake, help me."
Hearing the woman, Khwaja Sahib (R.A) was moved very much. He with his sceptre in his hand accompanied the old woman. Many followers and disciples also accompanied him. He arrived at the dead body of the boy, stood there silently and gazed at it for quite a long time. Then he stepped towards the body, put his hand on It said, " O boy, if you have been killed innocent, come to life by the grace of ALLAH." He just completed his sentence, the boy was alive. Khwaja Sahib (R.A) further said, " The man should be so close to ALLAH that his prayers are to accepted without any delay. If it is not, then he is not a Faqir."
4. Though Khwaja Sahib (R.A) had no means of income but he set up a langerkhana ( alms- house). The food was so abundant there that all the poor and needy of the city were fed with it. It is said that he directed the Chief of the alms- house to demand as much money as needed for the langarkana. The Chief used to come to him daily in the morning. On his arrival Khwaja Sahib (R.A) used to unfold the corner of his Musalla and asked him to take whatever required from the hidden treasury. He himself used to keep fast and broke it with the dried barley bread, weighing not more than five misqal (few grms)
5. A man came to him with the bad intention of killing him and showed great faith and loyalty to Khwaja Sahib (R.A). But his intention was revealed to Khwaja Sahib (R.A). So he said, "I am here, Do whatever you desire." Hearing this, the man started trembling and with great humbleness he told that it was not his own desire. Some other man wanted him to commit this heinous crime. Then he took out the dagger, and placed it before Khwaja Sahib (R.A) and asked for punishment. But Khwaja Sahib (R.A) said, " Revenge is not the practice of the Saints. Well, I pardon you." The man fell into the feet of Khwaja Sahib (R.A), repented, accepted Islam and became a disciple.
6. It is said, during the period of Khwaja Sahib (R.A) stay in Ajmer, the people from far and nearby, who went for the pilgrimage of Haj, on return used to tell that they have seen Khwaja Sahib (R.A) circumambulating the Khana-e-Kaaba; while in fact Khwaja Sahib (R.A) never want for Haj after his stay in Ajmer.
7. Once, Hazrat Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki (R.A) was meeting with the king in the fort of Delhi. The other officials were also present there. Suddenly a characterless woman came there and asked justice. She requested the king to get her married, since she was under the state of mental pain. The king asked her to whom she wanted to be married, and which sort of agony she is facing, she said, "The fellow who is very close to you and called himself as Qutub has raped me. As a result I am pregnant. " Hearing the entire episode, all those present were shocked . They pulled down their heads with shame. Qutub Sahib (R.A) was also ashamed . He could do nothing but he turned his face towards Ajmer and called Khwaja Sahib (R.A) for his help. As and when Khwaja Sahib (R.A) heard cry of his dear disciple for help, he immediately reached there. He asked Qutub Sahib (R.A), "What is the matter ? Qutub Sahab (R.A) could not speak a single word and tears started rolling out of his eyes. The episode was revealed to Khwaja Sahib (R.A).
All this made Khwaja Sahib (R.A) very much angry. He turned to the crooked lady and said " O child, inside womb, your mother has alleged that Qutab Sahib (R.A) is your father. Tell whether it is true ?"
There was a clear voice, from inside the womb, heard by all present there. The child said, The statement is all wrong. The woman is a prostitute and has been sent by the enemies of Qutub Sahib (R.A) to insult and defame him." All the people were much surprised on hearing all about. The woman himself admitted her false allegation.
Khwaja Sahib (R.A) said, Only Allah can award honour and repute." And then he returned. Except Hazrat Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki (R.A), all were much surprised on arrival and disappearance of Khwaja Sahib (R.A).
8. It is said that one day, one of his disciples came to him. Khwaja Sahib (R.A) was busy in offering prayers. When he finished his prayers and turned to the disciple the disciple said "huzoor the ruler of the city has ordered me to exile without any fault of mine. So I am in great trouble." Khwaja Sahib (R.A) kept silence for some time, then said, " Don't worry he has been punished. "When the disciple returned to the city, he heard the news that the ruler fell from the back of the horse and has died.
9. One day, Khwaja Sahib (R.A) was sitting near Anna Sager, A shepherd with some calves passed by, He said to the shepherd, " Dear give me some milk. "The Shepherd took it as a joke and said " Baba, they are calves and do not give milk. Khwaja Sahib (R.A) smiled and pointed towards a female calf and said, "Brother, I will take her milk." When the shepherd laughed, Khwaja Sahib (R.A) insisted, "Just see". The shepherd was very much surprised when he saw that her udders had become large and were full of milk. So he milked the calf which was enough for 40 persons. Seeing it, the Shepherd fell into the feet of Khwaja Sahib (R.A) and became his disciple.
10. One day, Khwaja Sahib (R.A) was sitting among the disciples and preaching. Suddenly he saw something on his right side. He stood up as paying respect to somebody. It happened again and again as and when he glanced towards right side. When the assembly was over and people left away, one of his servants asked the reason as to why he had been standing up repeatedly on having a look at right side. Khwaja Sahib (R.A) said, "The Mazar of my Peer-o-Murshid is located in that direction. As I looked towards that direction, the Mazar came before my eyes, so I stood up to offer respect."
11. It was the assembly of the saints. Everyone of them agreed to show his miracles. Thus Khwaja Usman Harooni (R.A) turned his Musallah and took out some pieces of gold and gave them to a Durvesh and asked him to bring some sweets for all present their. Shaikh Ohuddin Kirmani (R.A) touched a piece of wood and it turned into gold.
When Khwaja Usman Harooni (R.A) insisted, Khwaja Gharib Nawaz (R.A) knew through Divine inspiration that one of the persons of the present assembly is hungry but could not tell others because of modesty . Thus Khwaja Sahib (R.A) took out four barley Rotis and put them before the person.